This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
Pages can be converted from one page type to another. This is useful if you created pages based on the wrong page type, or you want to move information from an old to a new page type.
Each page type contains properties. When you convert a page, you map the properties of the old page type to corresponding properties of the new one.
All page versions are converted. Therefore, ensure that no users are working with the page types to be converted.
A page property in the new page type can only be mapped to one old page property.
- Select Convert Pages from the Content Types tab in admin view.
- Select a page in the Select pages to convert field and select the Convert the selected page and all subpages (of the selected page type) check box if you want all the subpages to be included in the conversion.
- Select the page type that you want to convert from in the Convert from Page Type list. The list of page properties included in that page type is updated in the Convert from Property list.
- Select the page type that you want to convert to in the Convert to Page Type list. The list of page properties included in that page type is updated in the Convert to Property list.
- Map each page property to a corresponding property in the page type to which you want to convert.
- Click Convert. To test the conversion, click Test Conversion and Show Log. This displays a detailed log of converted pages and page properties.
Selecting Remove property permanently deletes the property. This action which may damage existing content that uses the property.