This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
These functions, found in the admin view under Config > Security > Permissions for functions, require setting of access rights:
- Detailed error messages for troubleshooting provides selected groups or users access to detailed error messages. In System Settings, it is possible to activate a function that provides visitors with a form to fill in whenever a technical error occurs on the website. By changing the access rights here, you can specify who should receive these forms.
- Allow the user to act as a web service user allows a user to call one of the web services provided by Episerver. This function is only used for system integration purposes.
- Allow users to move data/pages between page providers lets selected users or groups move pages between page providers. This is used for websites with a custom page provider integrated with another system. Since data is deleted in the source provider, you may want to limit access to this function.
Adding/Changing permissions to a function for a group or user
- In admin view, go to Config > Security > Permissions for functions and select Edit for the function you want to modify. Existing groups or users with access appear.
- Select Add Users/Groups if you want to give users or groups access to this function. The groups and persons in the system appear in the window that opens.
- Double-click the name to add the group or user.
- Select OK. The group or user appears in the list with its check box selected.
- Select Save.
Deleting permissions to a function for a group or user
- In admin view, go to Config > Security > Permissions for functions and select Edit for the function you want to modify. Existing groups or users with access appear in a list.
- Clear the check box of the group or user for which you want to remove access.
- Select Save.
For more information on how to work with access rights, refer to the Access rights section.