Content can be, for instance, pages or blocks in Episerver CMS, or catalog entries in Episerver Commerce. Below you will find out how to create various types of content in Episerver.
Pages are created from different page types containing the properties where the information is added.
Do the following to create a CMS page:
- In the page tree structure, select the page under which you want to add the new page.
- Select New Page from the context menu or the add button on the toolbar.
- Select a page type from the list of available page types, and provide a name for the page.
- Add information in the various properties available for editing, for instance, the rich-text editor if this is part of the selected page type.
- Preview the page, before sending it for approval or publishing it.
Blocks are created in a similar fashion as pages. Select Create new block from the Blocks tab in the assets pane, or from the add button on the toolbar, in which case you will be prompted to define a location for the new block. Select a block type from the list of available blocks, provide a name for the block, and add information for the block. Blocks can also be created directly from content areas in pages. Note that if you add a block directly from the content area, it will be saved in the For this page folder, which means that it will only be available on the selected page and cannot be used on other pages.
Refer to Blocks for more information.
On an e-commerce website, content can be catalog entries such as products and variants if you have Episerver Commerce installed. The creation of this type of content is similar to the creation of pages and blocks in CMS. Refer to Managing content in the Commerce