In most cases, a shopping cartA collection of products selected by a website shopper, with the intention of completing a buying procedure. Also called shopping cart or basket. is automatically converted into a purchase orderInformation for a website purchase including purchased items, address and shipping information and payment verification. when a shopper proceeds to checkoutThe process of buying one or more products in a webshop including shipping and billing addresses, shipping methods, and payments. and finalize their purchase there. However, you may need to manually complete a purchase by converting a shopping cart into an order for further processing.
- Go to Order Management > Carts. You see the Shopping Carts list. You also can select Today, This Week, or This Month to filter by date range.
- Select the ID number of the shopping cart you want to convert to a purchase order. The Cart View window appears with customer cart details.
The following image shows an anonymous user Cart View.
- Edit Information. You can change the currency of the purchase order.
- Open Customer Profile. You can view the profile of the registered customer (this option is not available for anonymous shopping carts).
- Line Items. The list of items in the customer's shopping cart, displaying the Quantity of each item, List Price, and Total.
- Notes. Add, edit, or delete notes about the shopping cart.
- Select More Actions > Convert to Purchase Order. The page refreshes and shows the Order view page for further processing of the purchase order.