This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
A shipping methodA set of information and rules that determine the shipping cost and displays it on the front-end public site while a customer checks out an item from the shopping cart. The shipping fee is added to the total price of the purchase. A shipping method is mapped to a shipping provider visible to a back-end administrator in Commerce Manager. For example, when a customer picks "Ground Shipping," UPS (or another provider) may fulfill the shipment. manages information and rules that determine the shipping cost, and displays it on the front-end site while a customer checks out an item from a shopping cartA collection of products selected by a website shopper, with the intention of completing a buying procedure. Also called shopping cart or basket.. The shipping fee is added to the total price of the purchase.
A shipping method is mapped to a shipping provider that is visible to a back-end administrator in Commerce Manager. This allows the public site to display friendly names such as Ground Shipping to the customer and this is mapped to a provider such as UPS.
Episerver provides the following shipping methods.
- Ground Shipping
- Fixed Shipping.
- Go to Administration > Order System > Shipping > Shipping Methods > English (United States) or any other languages. The Shipping Methods List screen appears.
- Click Edit for either of the available methods. The Overview tab for Shipping Method Edit appears.
- ID. Automatically generated after saving the new shipping method.
- Name. Enter a name without spaces or special characters; this name is not displayed in the public site, but is for end users to manage and organize the shipping methods
- Friendly Name. Enter a friendly name that can have spaces and special characters; the friendly name is the name seen by customers who are purchasing items
- Description. Enter a description (optional)
- Provider. Select a provider, which is created in the Shipping providers screen.
- Select Generic Gateway for a fixed shipping fee specified in Base Price.
- Select Weight/Jurisdiction Gateway for a shipping fee that is calculated from the weight and shipping location)
- Language. Select a language.
- Base Price. Enter the base price that becomes the fixed shipping fee for the Generic Gateway option, or part of the Weight/Jurisdiction Gateway option.
- IsActive. Select Yes to enable the shipping method; otherwise No.
- IsDefault. Select Yes to make this shipping method the default; otherwise No.
- Sort Order. Enter a number to order the payment method on the list of shipping methods page.
- Click the Settings tab to exclude countries, regions, and payments from a shipping method. To exclude a selection, highlight the items in the Available boxes on the left and click Add to move them to the Chosen boxes.
- Click the Parameters tab to set conditions for the shipping fee. This screen appears only when you select the Weight/Jurisdiction Gateway in the Provider field in the Overview tab.
- Jurisdiction Group. Select a jurisdiction group to apply the current shipping method (for example, United States. You can set up the options on the Shipping Jurisdictions and Shipping Jurisdiction Groups screen.
- Weight. Enter a numerical value for the weight. You select the units for the weight in the Common Settings screen.
- Price. Enter a price that is added to the base price (Overview tab) when the weight and jurisdiction group conditions are met.
- Start Date. Enter a start date and time for the shipping method to take effect.
- End Date. Enter a end date and time for the shipping method to expire.
- Click Add to save the condition.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Check off the box that corresponds to the shipping methods you want to delete.
- Select More Actions > Delete. You also can click X next to the shipping method name to delete an individual method.
- Click OK to confirm.