This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
A warehouse is the physical inventoryThe process of checking the availability in one or more warehouses for a specific product; or, a complete list of items such as property, goods in stock, or the contents of a building. location with an address from where productCommerce: various forms of merchandise that you can display and purchase from the public site, including products, variations/SKUs, bundles, packages and dynamic packages. items are shipped or picked up by customers. As an e-commerce manager in an organization with many fulfillment centers, you can define and manage physical store locations, multiple stock locations, stock figures for a product variantCommerce: a variant or SKU corresponds to a specific type of product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts have individual variations/SKUs that include size, color, and collar size. (SKUStock Keeping Unit; corresponds to a purchasable product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts has individual variations/SKUs for sleeve size, color, and collar size.) by warehouse, and total product availability among warehouses. Depending on how you set up your warehouses, you can check in-store stock, reserve and pick up in-store, and deliver to store. When you create a product variant, you specify the warehouse where the item is being stored.
- In Commerce Manager, go to Administration > Catalog System > Warehouses. The warehouse list appears.
- Click New Warehouse.
- Enter information for the Overview tab.
- Name. Enter the name of the warehouse.
- Code. Enter the location code for the warehouse.
- Available. Select Yes to make the warehouse available; otherwise No.
- Is Primary. Select Yes to make this a primary warehouse; otherwise No.
- Is Fulfillment Center. Select Yes to make this a fulfillment center where you can place orders for outgoing shipments; otherwise No.
- Is Pickup Location. Select Yes to make this a pickup location where you can place orders for in-store pickups; otherwise No.
- Is Delivery Location. Select Yes to make this a delivery location that you can use for future in-store pickups; otherwise No.
- Enter information for the Address tab.
- Click OK to save your changes. The warehouse appears in the list.
Select the warehouse and select More Actions > Delect Selected. Click OK to confirm.