- In Commerce Manager, go to Marketing > Customer Segments.
- Click New Segment or select an existing customer segment. The Segment Edit page appears.
- Fill out the Segment Edit page.
- Segment Name. Enter a name, such as Los Angeles Customers.
- Display Name. Enter the name that appears to users when associating this customer segment when Creating a Marketing Campaign.
- Description. Enter notes about the segment.
- Members. Select from a list of contactAn individual with a personalized information (name, address, email, and so on), created automatically when a user creates an account on the front-end by registering to make a purchase. You also can manually create a contact account from the back-end and assign the contact to organizations or organization units and assign permissions based on role.s to assign to this customer segment. Select the name from the drop-down and then click add member. You can exclude a member by clicking Exclude member and then clicking add member.
- Click OK to save the customer segment.
Instead of assigning members manually to a customer segment, you can use conditions to apply rules. If a customer satisfies the conditions, then the customer is part of the customer segment.
The following example shows how to specify conditionsCompany X or Winearts emails as part of this customer segment.
- Click New Condition on the Segment Edit page.
- Enter an Expression Name, such as Company X or Email Addresses.
- Set up the conditions based on the following image.
- Click OK to save the conditions.