To any discount, you can apply exclusions: campaigns or discounts that cannot be combined with the current discount. Exclusions can apply to individual discounts, all discounts in one more campaigns, or all other discounts.
For example, you are running a sale where automotive supplies are 20% off. Customers should not be able to combine this discount with the Get cheapest for free discount. To create this exclusion, follow these steps.
- From Campaign view, click Discount Priorities in the top right.
- Select the discount to which you will apply exclusions. To continue the above example, select automotive supplies 20% off.
- Click Add to the right of the discount.
- Select campaigns or discounts that cannot be combined with the one selected in step 2. To continue the above example, select the Get cheapest for free discount.
- Click Save then Close.
Additional notes about exclusions
- You can apply an unlimited number of exclusions to a discount.
- If you select a campaign, you exclude all of its discounts, both current and future.
- The Cannot combine with field
- After you select an exclusion, it appears in the Cannot combine with field for reference and possible removal.
- The Cannot combine with field displays campaigns first, followed by discounts.
- If you select All (the campaign root folder), only that tag appears in the Cannot combine with field.
- Similarly, if you exclude a discount then later exclude its parent campaign, the discount tag is removed from the Cannot combine with field. This is because the parent campaign includes the child discount.
- If more than two items are excluded, an ellipsis in the Cannot combine with field indicates additional entries. To view all exclusions for that discount, click Add or hover over the ellipsis.