Episerver comes with a set of predefined gadgets which can be added to the personalized dashboard, for easy access by editors and website managers in their daily work. To edit configuration settings for these gadgets, add them to the dashboard, click the Settings icon and select Edit. Configuration options for each gadget are described below.
This gadget provides an overview of the external links of your website. The list displays pages containing links to a specific external web address. This is useful if you want to find out to which external websites you are referring to from your own website. You can choose to display the full URL for each link and the number of items to display in the list.
This gadget lets you monitor activity for a specific web-based form, for instance a poll, a registration or contact form. This is intended not only for editors, but anyone who has an interest in the activities of your website, for example, a marketing or business area manager. The gadget displays a selected number of the latest activities, such as the latest votes or registrations to a form. The result can also be displayed graphically.
- Select the desired form to monitor on the website.
- The gadgets retrieve the fields available in the form, and you can select the ones to include in the monitoring.
- Select whether you want to display the post dates, and enter chart settings as desired.
- Select the updating frequency for the information in the forms viewer.
- The “Demo mode” provides a graphical demonstration view based on a built-in example form viewer “XFormsViewerGadgetDemo”.
Use this gadget to add colorful “post it” notes on the dashboard. Add the gadget to the dashboard, enter the text and select size and color for the information.
This gadget is used to display information from RSS feeds on the dashboard. The gadget shows the latest feeds from a selected RSS source. Add the feed URL, the number of items to show and a title for the feed.
If you are using personalization on your website, this gadget displays statistics for selected visitor groups viewing personalized content. By default, statistics are only counted once per session for each visitor group. This gadget can be used from the dashboard and the panes, as well as an iPhone or iPad.
- Select the type of chart to be used in the Statistic View section.
- Select the visitor groups (must be defined first) you want to include in your statistics.
- Filter the display by day, month and year.
- Click to select the start and end dates in the statistics interval.