Content Collaboration allows real-time collaboration between editors when working with content. You can post comments and invite other editors to discuss specific content items such as pages or blocks, or different versions of these. After you install the add-onA plug-in or module, developed by Episerver or its partners, to extend the capabilities of Episerver. Add-ons are available from the Episerver Add-on Store inside Episerver., you can add Content Collaboration as a Episerver add-ons.
You need Access rights in the content structure in edit view to use Content Collaboration.
Episerver Content Collaboration requires no additional license. See Episerver World for details about installation and configuration.
The following events are posted automatically for a content item:
- Setting ready to publish
- Scheduling for publishing, or canceling scheduled publishing
- Creating a draft
- Setting a draft version as primary draft
- Start editing a draft
- Rejecting changes
- Discarding changes and reverting to the latest published version
You can add comments to existing postings from other editors, or create a new posting by entering a comment under Write a Comment at the top. Click Notify more people and select users to notify (user names are retrieved when you start typing a name), then click Post. You can delete a posting or comment from the context menu.
You cannot undo a deleted post or comment.
Filtering the activity feed
Select Filter > [user] to show comments by selected users.
Click Notifications to show unread messages. If another editor posts a comment when you are not online, an email is sent to you.
You can be notified either through tagging in comments by other editors, or through subscriptions defined in the notification settings.
Select Notification Settings > Email Notifications from the gadget options. You have the following options:
- Always Send Emails. You receive email notifications both when you are offline and when you are logged in.
- Only Send Emails When Offline. You receive email notifications when you are offline, and online notifications when you are logged in.
- Never Send Emails. You receive only online notifications.
Unsubscribing from specific notifications
You can turn off notifications for a specific content item.
Select Notification Settings > For This Item from the gadget options. You have the following options:
- Continuously for All Languages. Track actions, statuses, or comments in all languages for this content.
- Continuously for [language] Only. Track actions, statuses, or comments for this content only on the current language. This option is the default when you are tagged in content by other editors.
- This Version Until Published. Track actions, statuses, or comments for this content in the current language only until the content is published.