The Edit Prices overview lets you view and edit pricing within productCommerce: various forms of merchandise that you can display and purchase from the public site, including products, variations/SKUs, bundles, packages and dynamic packages. catalogCommerce: a top-level container for catalog entries such as categories, products, and variants (SKUs).s. You also can add prices to variantCommerce: a variant or SKU corresponds to a specific product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts has individual variations/SKUs that include size, color, and collar size.s (SKUCommerce: Stock Keeping Unit; corresponds to a purchasable product with specific characteristics. For example, a product line of shirts has individual variations/SKUs for sleeve size, color, and collar size.s) from this view. The overview displays a compact list of prices by market or customer group, and in the default currency for a market, together with minimum quantity and availability date for the defined price. There might be multiple prices with different currencies for the same market. Market filtering displays both active and inactive markets.
Changes to the pricing information for a catalog entry is available on the website, and is not included in the saving and publishing flow for the rest of the content.
- In the Catalog view, go to a category to display products and variants in the main listing.
- Click Pricing from the view selector in the upper right corner to access the pricing editing view.
- Use the filtering options on top for Customer Group and Market, to filter the price list and make it easier to locate the desired pricing information.
Only catalog entries with a price appear in this listing, even if the catalog entry is published. If you added new variants for a product, and these have no price, you do not see them in the pricing overview.
Add a price for a variant (SKU) from the Pricing tab in the All Properties view when you edit product variants (SKUs) or packages.
- Click Add Price to add a price for a variant.
- Click Duplicate in the context menu for the entry you want to duplicate, to use as a foundation when creating a new pricing item.
- Click Delete in the context menu for the entry you want to delete, and click Yes to confirm.
You cannot undo the deletion of a price.
To work with prices, select a category, product or variant and select the Pricing option. Or, open the item (variant) for editing, click the Pricing tab end then Edit prices. You can edit the following information:
- Sale Type. Associate the price with All Customers, a specific Customer, or a Customer Price Group. With the last option you can create tiered pricing (differentiated pricing).
- Sale Code. Assign a price to a specific group of customers. For example, when you add a new price and select Customer Price Group as type, you put the name of the customer group in the Code field. If the Code field matches a customer group, any member of that group receives the specified price.
- Market. Associate the price with a market for your website.
- Currency. Associate the price with a currency, to create different prices depending on the selected currency.
- Price. The price that is displayed on the public site.
- Date from/to. The time interval when the price is available.
- Min. quantity. The minimum number of units that must be purchased to get a discounted bulk rate.
See Editing catalog entries for information about editing other properties for catalog entries.
Customer groups are useful when setting specific permissions and creating targeted marketing campaigns. Customer groups must be created in Commerce Manager first to be available when you add price information.
To create a customer group-specific price, click Add Price in the Edit Prices view, click Customer Price Group, and then the customer group for which the price should apply.