This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
Episerver Find has default properties, such as Title, Summary, and Content, that are automatically mapped to corresponding content properties. Each property has a weight setting that affects search result rankings. You can adjust the weight settings, which is called boosting.
You should boost weight settings if your site has specific and well-defined content types. For example, if your site hosts scientific articles whose summaries are generally well-written and of great importance, increase the Summary weight so it has a greater impact on search rank.
- From edit viewA section of the user interface where you edit content items, such as pages and blocks. To access edit view, log in and select CMS > Edit. (See admin view for comparison.), select Find > Configure > Boosting. Default properties appear on the left of the screen.
- Title. Content title.
- Content. Web page content.
- Summary. The introduction, summary, abstract, or similar property type.
- Document content. The content of an asset, such as a PDF or Word document.
- In the Weight column, click a box to change a property's weight.
- Click Save.
Notes about changing weight settings
- To test the impact of property weight changes, click Preview the boosting effect from the right side of the Boosting screen.
- To revert the changes, click Reset to default values from the Boosting screen, under the list of properties.
- These settings affect search results for all content types and all languages on all websites in your implementation.