A gadget is a small application that can be made available for easy access from the dashboard or the assets and navigation panes in Episerver. There are built-in gadgets both for the Episerver platform as well as product-specific ones, for example, gadgets for forms viewing, visitor groups statistics, version management and the product catalog, if you have Commerce installed. As a developer, you can develop custom gadgets to extend the features of your Episerver solution.
Gadgets are managed in a similar fashion both on the dashboard and in the panes in edit view. Click the Settings icon to access the gadget management options.
Select Add Gadgets, and select a gadget to add from the list of available gadgets.
Select Rearrange Gadgets, select a gadget, and drag it to the desired position on the dashboard or in a pane.
Select Rearrange Gadgets, and click the Remove gadget symbol next to the gadget you want to remove from the dashboard or pane.
- External links provides an overview of the external links of your website.
- Forms viewer allows you to monitor the activity for a specific web form.
- Notes allows you to add colorful “post it” notes to your dashboard.
- RSS feed reader shows the latest feeds from an RSS source of your choice.
- Visitor groups statistics is used to monitor visitor groups viewing personalized content.
Refer to dashboard gadgets for more information on how to edit the configuration settings for dashboard gadgets.
- Blocks is used to access blocks (default in the assets pane).
- Media is used to access media files (default in the assets pane).
- Projects is used to manage multi-publishing of content.
- Sites displays the page tree for the website.
- Recent displays items recently accessed by you.
- Tasks displays tasks to be done on the website.
- Recently changed displays recently changed content on the website.
- Versions is used to manage content versions. See also Publishing and managing versions for more information on working with versions.
Some gadgets are available by default in the user interface, while others need to be added manually.
Episerver Commerce comes with a set of e-commerce-specific gadgets.
Many add-ons are made available in the user interface as gadgets to extend the capabilities within various areas of Episerver.