Episerver Social Reach lets marketers use social media to drive traffic and increase conversion ratesNumber of goals completed divided by the number of views of an asset that is related to the goal. by sending social messages that promote website content. After you install the add-onA plug-in or module, developed by Episerver or its partners, to extend the capabilities of Episerver. Add-ons are available from the Episerver Add-on Store inside Episerver., it shows up in the global menuA group of options that appears in the uppermost part of the user interface when logged in. The global menu displays products and systems integrated with your website. It also displays links to the user guide and user settings, and to a global search. See the User interface topic for further information. as a gadget in edit view.
Episerver Social Reach requires no additional license.
Social Reach supports the following social channels:
- Facebook company page or wall
- LinkedIn wall
When a message is sent, Social Reach tracks actions such as the number of clicked links, re-tweets, comments, and likes. Social Reach supports Google Analytics to monitor statistics for conversions or segments.
When you set up social channels, the Administrators, WebAdmins and WebEditors groups have read and post access rights. To customize access rights, use the SocialAdmins group for administering channels, and use the SocialEditors group for reading and sending messages.
The Overview option in the top menu displays a summary for sent messages with statistics for the number of clicks. The information is updated every 10 seconds. Click a message link to see more details.
You can only get click statistics for links to websites with Episerver Social Reach installed.
You can create a default message for defined channels, or create customized messages for specific channels from the Outreach or Overview options in the top menu.
- Name. Required. Give the message a title.
- Link. Optional. Add a link to a page, an image or a document on your website, or an external website.
- Image. Optional. Select an image to include in the message.
- Campaign. Optional. Add a campaign name. You can use this field for tracking if you are using Google Analytics, or for monitoring top campaigns if you are using Google Analytics for Episerver.
- Message. Add a text for the default message. Note that for Twitter messages the number of characters is limited. You are notified if the number is exceeded. The link and image (if provided) are attached at the end of the message.
- Social Channels. Select the social channels you want to send the message to. Click Create custom message to define a specific message for a channel, if you do not want to use the default message.
- Send Now, or Schedule to send the message later.
The scheduled publishing of messages is managed by the Social Reach Publish Messages scheduled job, which regularly checks for messages to be sent to social channels. Search robots that scan postings may cause click statistics to rise immediately after posting a message.
Quick message access
The Social Reach gadget lets you create a message while editing a page. The gadget also displays brief information about previous messages for that page.
Click Share this page with Social Reach and the Outreach view opens with the link to the page ready.
You can add, edit and delete social channels for your website under the Settings option in the global menuA group of options that appears in the uppermost part of the user interface when logged in. The global menu displays products and systems integrated with your website. It also displays links to the user guide and user settings, and to a global search. See the User interface topic for further information..
Adding a channel
- Ensure that you have a working account for the type of social media channel you want to define.
- Under Type, select type of channel and click Add Channel.
- Click Authorize account to log in to the channel and retrieve the account details.
- Define access rights for your editor groups to read, post and administer channel messages (optional).
If you want to use Google Analytics to segment and track referrals from different channels, use the Campaign source and Campaign medium fields. By default the source is set to episocial and the medium to the channel name.
Editing and deleting a channel
Click See details for a channel, and then Edit to change the settings, or Delete to remove it.
A warning symbol in the Overview listing indicates a failed message. Click the symbol for more details.
Failures often are caused by channel configuration errors. If an account has expired, a message cannot be sent. Reported comments or likes suddenly drop to 0 for a posted message.
Go to Settings and re-authenticate the channel account. If channel services are not operating, you cannot send messages until the services are operating.
Click Resend to send the message again, or Remove to delete the message for that channel.