This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Episerver.
A business object extends customer and asset forms to track and relate types of data. You can create a new business object to support customized business scenarios. The following example shows how to create a Contract business object.
Creating a contract business object
- Go to Administration > System Settings > Business Foundation. The Business Foundation Configuration page appears.
- Click Create New and click New Business Object. The New Business Object dialog appears.
- System Name. Enter the name of the business object, after which the Friendly Name and Plural Name fields are automatically populated.
- Friendly Name. Alternative to the System Name.
- Plural Name. Plural version of the system or friendly name, such as inventories.
- Supports Extensions. Select the check box to extend an existing meta-class with extra properties. For example, you can extend a download class with imagedownload, which contains extra parameters such as height and width.
- System Name. Enter a system name.
- Friendly Name. Enter an easy-to-understand name.
- Maximum Length. Enter the maximum number of characters allowed in this field.
- Click Save. The details of your newly created business object appear.