If an order has two or more items, you can split it into separate shipments, up to the number of items in a single order. You may split an order...
- ...to expedite items that are immediately ready for shipmentCommerce: a collection of products from a purchase order, ready to be shipped after going through inventory check and other verifications. while other items have added shipping lead time.
- ...to ship multiple heavy items, back-ordered items, or a large volume of items for ease of delivery and pickup.
- In Order Management, go to an existing purchase order or create a new one.
- Click Details and look for Shipment # 1.
- Click Move next to the item you want to move. The Move Line Item dialog box appears.
- Select the data for the line item and click OK to save your changes.
- Quantity to move. Select the quantity of the item to move.
- Move to existing shipment. Select an existing shipment.
- Create new shipment.
- Address. Select an address.
- Shipping method. Select a shipping methodCommerce: A set of information and rules that determine the shipping cost. Displayed on the front-end public site while a customer checks out an item from the shopping cart. The shipping fee is added to the total price of the purchase. A shipping method is mapped to a shipping provider visible to a back-end administrator in Commerce Manager. For example, when a customer picks "Ground Shipping," UPS (or another provider) may fulfill the shipment..
The Details page shows the new shipment, which you can process separately from one another, but tied to a single purchase order.