Episerver Commerce provides custom visitor groupSite visitors with something in common, such as age, geographic location, and so on. Used in the personalization feature of Episerver CMS. (See Personalizing Content.) criteria so you can personalize content based on productCommerce: various forms of merchandise that you can display and purchase from the public site, including products, variations/SKUs, bundles, packages and dynamic packages. and order information.
You need administration access rights to create and edit a visitor group. Existing visitor groups are available for editors in edit view.
To see available visitor groups, in the global menuA group of options that appears in the uppermost part of the user interface when logged in. The global menu displays products and systems integrated with your website. It also displays links to the user guide and user settings, and to a global search. See the User interface topic for further information., click CMS then Visitor Groups . Click Create to define a visitor group, then add the personalization criteria as desired.
These criteria are available by default in an Episerver Commerce installation, in addition to the CMS-specific criteria. See also: Visitor groups.
- Customer properties. Personalize content based on age or geographic location:
- Date of Birth. Format mm/dd/yyyy.
- Customer group. Select Customer, Partner, or Distributor.
- Registration source. Enter the source of registration.
- Country. Select a country from the list.
- Region code. Select a region code based on the address region in addresses.
- Address postal code. Select a postal code from the list (based on state selected).
- State. Select a state from the list.
You can select only one property type with a related value for a criterion, but you can define several customer properties criteria for a visitor group.
- Market. Personalize content based on the market to which a visitor website belongs.
- Market. Select a market. Available markets are defined under Market Management.
- Recent Orders. Personalize content based how often a customer orders:
- Order times. Select the number of times an order is placed.
- Number of days. Select the number of days over which the number of orders must occur. For example, 4 times in the last 2 days.
- Product in cart or wish list. Identify customers that have placed a product of a certain type or brand in their cartCommerce: A collection of products selected by a website customer, with the intention of completing a purchase. Also known as a shopping cart or basket. or wish list.
- Specified product code. Enter the desired product code.
- Product from a specified category. Select the desired product category.
- Product has a specified property and value. Enter the desired product property and value, such as brand and Sony.
You can select only one property type with a related value for a criterion, but you can define several add several criteria of the type Products in Cart or Wish List to a visitor group.
- Total spent. Personalize content for visitors who spent a specified amount of money (in a specified currency) on the site in the last number of days.
- Spent at least. Select amount and currency.
- Number of days. Select the number of days.
How visitor groups are used
When creating a campaignCommerce: a set of related components and activities used for promotions. A campaign organizes marketing activity and is associated with discounts (promotions), customer segments, and markets., you can limit it to members of selected visitor groups.