This section describes how to log in to an Episerver website, access features and navigate the different views. The login procedure may be different from what is described here, depending on how your website and infrastructure are set up. The examples described here are based on a “standard” installation of Episerver with sample templates.
As an editor or administrator, you usually log in to your website using a specified URL, a login button or link. Enter your user name and password in the Episerver login dialog, and click Log In.
What you are allowed to do after logging in depends on your implementation and your access rights, since these control the options you see. When logged in, the Episerver quick access menu appears in the upper right corner.
Pull down the global menu, available at the very top, to navigate around. The menu displays the different products and systems integrated with your website. Select CMS (for example) to display available options in the submenu.
Your menu options vary depending on your access rights. These user guide examples assume that the user has full permissions to all functions in Episerver.
- User interface and Roles and tasks for the Episerver user interface and roles.
- Managing content to create and publish content.
- Administration interface to administer and configure settings in Episerver.
- Commerce to work with e-commerce tasks, if you have Episerver Commerce installed.
- Find to work with search optimization, if you have Episerver Find installed.
Episerver User Guide 18-5 | Released: 2018-09-10 | © Episerver 2018 | Send feedback to us