Content can be pages or blocks in Episerver CMS, or catalog entries in Episerver Commerce. This topic describes creating types of content in Episerver.
For further enhancing your content, see topics on how to:
You create a page from page types that contain the properties where information is added.
- In the page tree structure, select the page under which you want to add the new page.
- Select New Page from the context menu or the add button on the toolbar.
- Select a page type from the list of available page types, and provide a name for the page.
- Add information in the various properties available for editing, such as the rich-text editor if this is part of the selected page type.
- Preview the page before sending it for approval or publishing it.
You create a block in a similar fashion as a page, by selecting a predefined block type that contain properties where information is added. For more information on working with blocks, see the Blocks topic.
- Create a block from the assets pane, directly from content areas in pages or from the add button in the toolbar.
- Select a block type from the list of available blocks.
- Provide a name for the block.
- Add information for the block.
If you add a block directly from the content area, it is saved in the For This Page folder, which means that it is available only on the selected page and cannot be used on other pages.
Episerver Commerce-related content
On an e-commerce website, content can be catalog entries such as products and variants if you have Episerver Commerce installed. The creation of this type of content is similar to the creation of pages and blocks in CMS. See Managing content in the Episerver Commerce