This topic describes how to set up secure file transfer via Secure Copy Protocol (SCP) for Windows using WinSCP. File transfer is often needed for data exchange when integrating external systems with Optimizely Campaign.
- Downloading and installing WinSCP
- Creating a key pair
- Transmitting keys to Optimizely
- Establishing a WinSCP connection
- Click http://winscp.net/eng/download.php.
- Click Download.
- Run the setup program.
- Run the PuTTYGen program (part of WinSCP).
- Parameters: Select RSA (Optimizely only supports RSA).
- Number of bits in a generated key: Enter 2048.
- Click Generate.
- Make random computer mouse movements across a gray field to generate key values. A progress bar indicates the progress.
When generation is completed, the keys are displayed.
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- Key comment: Enter a description such as "Optimizely Campaign-<your_companyname>".
- Key passphrase: Enter a password. For security reasons, use at least an eight-digit word containing letters, numbers and special characters.
- Confirm passphrase. Enter the password again.
- Click Save public key.
- Click Save private key.
- Copy the public key and email it to Optimizely customer support.
- Copy the key fingerprint and email it separately to Optimizely customer support.
For security reasons, do not send the public key and key fingerprint together.
- Optimizely sends a confirmation when your SCPStands for "Secure Copy Protocol". Network protocol for secure data transfer. access is active.
Protect your keys from unauthorized access. If lost, immediately contact Optimizely and generate a new key pair as described above.
- Launch the WinSCP program.
- In the login window, click New Site.
- Fill out the information as follows.
- Host name: Enter ftpapi.campaign.episerver.net.
- User name: Enter name as provided by Optimizely.
- Click Advanced...
- Select Environment > SFTP and enable Allow SCP fallback.
- Select SSH > Authentication, click Browse (...) in Private key file and select the previously generated private key.
- Click OK.
- Click Save, enter a name for the connection, and click OK.
- In the WinSCP login window, select the connection name and click Login.