Configuring send time optimization in the Wait node
Once configured, your message is sent to recipients with sufficient behavioral data at a personalized send time. Recipients who lack sufficient behavioral data receive your message at the fallback time.
- Under Send date, specify a fallback.
- Enable send time optimization.
- Select the maximum length of time for the send time optimization.
- Adjust the start and end times of the send time optimization and, if necessary, shorten the preset maximum length.
- Check your settings in the info area.
If there is insufficient data about individual recipients to determine a personalized send time, your message is sent to these recipients at the set fallback time. To specify a fallback time, perform the following steps:
- In the Create Campaign window or the Edit Campaign window within Smart Campaigns, drag a Wait node from the left action pane into the workspace between the Recipients node and the Email node.
A context menu opens.
- Under Send Date, select an option and specify the fallback time.
Option The fallback time is set to Configuration Wait until ... A fixed time. Specify a date and a time. Wait until import has been finished Immediately after the recipient import is completed. No configuration needed Start at ... after import has been finished A fixed time after the recipient import is completed. Specify a time.
The Wait until import has been finished and Start at ... after import has been finished options are only available if the closed-loop interface is configured in your client. If the closed-loop interface is not configured, only the Wait until ... option is available.
If the Wait until import has been finished or Start at ... after import has been finished option is selected, you cannot enable the campaign.
In the context menu, select the check box next to Send time optimization.
The Wait node's context menu includes:
- options for maximum length (24 hours or 7 days)
- a date slider
- an info area
Click 24 hours or 7 days.
You can adjust the start and end times of the send time optimization in 15-minute increments. If you make no changes, the start and end times are set so that the fallback date is the midpoint of the selected maximum length of time.
To adjust the start and end times without changing the maximum length of time, click the arrow keys on the sides of the date slider or adjust the slider using the computer mouse.
To adjust the start and end times and reduce the maximum length of time, click and grab the corresponding date tab with the computer mouse.
You can adjust the 24 hours and 7 days defaults downwards and shorten the maximum length of time from 7 days to 3 days. You may want to do this for editorial purposes or short-term promotions.
Your current send time optimization settings appear in the info area. After completing the configuration, verify your settings in the info area, and change them if necessary.