Cleanup lets you automatically delete and/or unsubscribe recipients from recipient lists. You upload a CSVStands for "comma-separated values"; tabular data in a plain text file separated by the comma character. file with the recipients you want to delete or unsubscribe, then select the lists.
To delete and/or unsubscribe recipients, you must have the appropriate rights.
- Create a CSV file containing the IDs of the recipients you want to delete or unsubscribe.
Optimizely Campaign identifies recipients by recipient ID, usually email address.
- Open the start menuMain screen in Optimizely Campaign, where the available options are grouped together. and select Recipients > Cleanup.
- In the Upload File tab, click Browse….
- Select the CSV file created in step 1 and click Preview. The file is uploaded to the Optimizely server. The Preview tab shows the uploaded recipients.
The Recipient column must contain recipient IDs. On import, only this column is considered.
- If email addresses do not display correctly, change the Character Encoding option.
- If the first line of the CSV file contains column names, in the Skip First Row list, select Yes.
- Click Refresh Preview to check your settings.
To only unsubscribe recipients, go to step 10. To only delete the recipients, go to step 12.
- Click Delete.
- In the Delete Recipients area, select the Delete recipients check box. In the Recipient Lists area, select one or more recipient lists from which you want to delete the recipients.
- Click Unsubscribe.
- In the Unsubscribe Recipients area, select the Unsubscribe recipients from all recipient lists check box to unsubscribe recipients from recipient lists.
- Click Summary. In the Summary tab, all actions to be performed are displayed.
- To make changes, click the corresponding tab and perform the appropriate steps.
- Click Finished. The recipients are deleted and/or unsubscribed according to your settings. You receive a notification email to your email address once the process is complete.
While the process is running, you cannot run a new one.
You may need to export the data from your recipient database, CRM application or similar. If the source file is not a CSV file or if you want to export the recipient data from your local database or CRM first, ask your IT department for assistance. If the source file is a spreadsheet file, you can convert it into a CSV file. Open the file with your spreadsheet application (for example Microsoft Excel), select Save as -> .csv file and save it to your local hard drive.