The Engage Dashboard shows the performance of deliveries to the web or email. Deliveries include retargeting, blocksShared, reusable content, such as an image banner, a page listing, or a video, that you can insert into one or more pages. If you edit a block's content, it updates every page on which it was inserted. (See Assets.) on a web page, and personalized email that contains relevant content based on previous interactions and interests. See Setting up deliveries in this topic.
- An A/B test for each widget compares the click-through rate (CTRclick-through rate; the ratio of users who click a specific link to the number of total users who view a page, email, or advertisement. It is commonly used to measure the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website and the effectiveness of email campaigns. - Wikipedia) of personalized recommendations versus unpersonalized recommendations.
- You can link a delivery to conversion of a goal.
- You can filter and save Recommendations views for frequent use, and share a view with a linked URLStands for "Uniform Resource Locator". Also known as a web address such as http://world.optimizely.com.. Saved filters are shown in the All Recommendations menu.
- You can adjust the date range for specific views of the data. Hover over the chart to view activity on a specific date.
Date labels are in a dd/mm format.
Click Compare to compare the previous period to the current one. The dashed lines show the previous period. You can also hover over a specific date for discrete comparisons.
To select a custom date range:
- Open the date drop-down.
- Select Custom Period.
- Click the begin and end dates.
The Engage Performance view shows the click-through rate (CTRclick-through rate; the ratio of users who click a specific link to the number of total users who view a page, email, or advertisement. It is commonly used to measure the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website and the effectiveness of email campaigns. - Wikipedia) for each content item and compares the unpersonalized CTR to the personalized CTR.
You can hover over a content item to filter that item to focus your view.
The Conversion Performance view:
- Shows the conversion rate for each goal.
- Compares unpersonalized conversions to personalized ones.
The menu item Deliveries requires extended user rights. Contact your Content Recommendations administrator.
You can set up deliveriesDeliveries include retargeting, blocks on a web page, and personalized email that contains relevant content that is based on previous interactions and interests. to drive personalized marketing to key customers.
To create a delivery, click Create Delivery. The Choose Application view appears.
Click Widget. The Create Delivery view appears.
- Title. Enter a title for this Delivery widget.
- Available Sections. Drag the sectionsContent recommendations: Groups of content based on flow rules. For example, a Europe section may include blog posts about London, Amsterdam, or Paris; while an Asia section may include blog posts about Shanghai, Hong Kong, or Tokyo. you want to make available to the widget to the Personalized Content Section part of the configuration.
- If the Unpersonalized Content Section is empty, Content Recommendations serves the most recent content from the Personalized Content Section.
- If the Unpersonalized Content Section is populated, Content Recommendations serves content from the selected sections in reverse chronological order.
- Approval. Select the state of content that can be served by this widget.
- Approved or unapproved content. Serve any content.
- Approved content. Serve only content that is approved.
- Unapproved content. Serve only content that is unapproved.
- Published. Select the time of delivery from any time up to the last 365 days.
You should leave this unchecked because most content used for Recommendations contains the tracking script on site already. However, if you are recommending content “off site” (that is, to a different domain), checking this box adds a tracking redirect to all the recommendations.