The Optimizely dashboard, available from the top menu, is an area where you can add gadgets for presenting high-level information or provide quick access to common tasks such as viewing recently changed pages or monitoring a web form.
Tabs are used for organizing the dashboard information. You can create your own tabs, and add gadgets of your choice. For example, you can have one tab for the marketing team, and one for product editors, with specific gadgets available for each of these groups. You can customize the layout of each tab by setting the number of columns for displaying information. There is at least one default tab available in the overview.
Add a new tab on the dashboard as follows:
- Select New Tab from the dashboard menu.
- Select Rename Tab in the drop-down list for the tab you want to add and type a name for the tab.
- In Layout, define how many columns the tab information area will have by clicking an available option.
- Add the gadgets you want to the tab you have just created as described in Managing gadgets.
You cannot change the order of tabs after they are created.
Edit a tab on the dashboard as follows:
- Click the arrow for the tab you want to edit. You have the following options:
- Select Rename Tab to change the name of the tab.
- Select Layout to change the number of columns on the tab. All existing gadgets are moved to available columns in the new layout.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Delete a tab from the dashboard as follows:
- Click the arrow for the tab you want to delete.
- Select Delete Tab in the drop-down list for the tab you want to delete.
- Select Yes to confirm the deletion.
There must be at least one tab available on the dashboard, which means that the last remaining tab cannot be deleted.