This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Optimizely.
You can convert pages from one page type to another. This is useful if you want to move information from an old to a new page type or created a page based on the wrong page type.
Each page type contains properties. When you convert a page, you map the properties of the old page type to corresponding properties of the new one.
All page versions are converted. Therefore, ensure that no users are working with the page types to be converted.
A page property in the new page type can be mapped only to one old page property.
- Select Convert Pages from the Manage Content Types tab under Content Type in admin view.
- Select a page in the Select pages to convert field.
- Select the Convert the selected page and all subpages (of the selected page type) check box if you want all the subpages to be included in the conversion.
- Select the page type that you want to convert from in the Convert from Page Type list. The list of page properties included in that page type updates in the Convert from Property list.
- Select the page type that you want to convert to in the Convert to Page Type list. The list of page properties included in that page type updates in the Convert to Property list.
- Map each page property to a corresponding property in the page type to which you want to convert.
- Click Convert.
- To test the conversion, click Test Conversion and Show Log, which displays a detailed log of converted pages and page properties.
Selecting Remove property permanently deletes the property, which may damage existing content that uses the property.